What we do for who
Strategy, design, insights and ideas that help ambitious organisations connect with their audiences more powerfully.
Research and strategy
We uncover powerful insights from customers and communities about their organisations and sectors, sparking original ideas and helping shape exciting new propositions to take to market.
- Challenge framing
- Analytics and digital strategy
- Customer experience vision
- Positioning and propositions
- Brand and portfolio architecture
- Culture, EVP and Employee experience
Your brand, your offer and your customer should not be treated separately – they should be tightly interwoven. Examining your entire organisational ecosystem and combining this rigorous analysis with intuitive creative leaps will unlock new value for your customers and your organisation.
We utilise research, strategy and design to realise and articulate what your brand stands for – wherever your audience connects with and experiences it.
- Research and strategy
- Creative expression – writing and design
- Visual and verbal identity
- Brand and campaign identity
- Design systems
- Communication design
Rightly or wrongly, in the business of brand, you are what you appear to be. It’s entirely up to you whether you look dynamic, dull, or dated in the eyes and minds of your audience.
A successful brand identity is more than its logo, colour or font. It’s an idea, spirit and attitude that engages the heart and mind through strategic creative expression. Catching the ear and eye, a great identity feels both surprising and inevitable. And if it connects to you, you’ll see your own aspirations and values reflected in it.
Products and services
At the heart of our work is a constant curiosity about people and how they engage with products and services in their everyday lives. From deep, human-centred design research through to ideation, speculative design, rapid prototyping and continuous testing and improvement, we design experiences, services and interactions that create value for people and enable our clients to better understand their audiences and markets.
- Design research
- Rapid prototyping & testing
- Systems thinking
- Speculative design
- Service design
- Product strategy & interaction design
- Content design & strategy
- Post-launch optimisation
We work across three impact areas to deliver value and expertise to our clients. We help our clients to understand and tackle complex and challenging problems, accelerating what we can achieve through deep sector knowledge that can be applied across projects and programs.
Folk’s clients in Australia and internationally include:
- Australian Academy of Science
- Brisbane Catholic Education
- Clayton Utz
- Centre for Social Impact
- Easy Agile
- Governance Institute of Australia
- Herbert Smith Freehills
- Health Justice Australia
- Independent Community Living Australia
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Integria Healthcare
- Australian Department of Health
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- National Health and Medical Research Council
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- Australian Curriculum Assessment and Reporting Authority
- Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Services Australia
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Home Affairs
- Infrastructure Australia
- Australian Signals Directorate
- Australian Federal Police
- Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
- Australian Centre for Cyber Security
- National Disability Insurance Agency
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- National Library of Australia
- National Mental Health Commission
- NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet
- NSW Public Service Commission
- NSW Department of Customer Service
- NSW Health
- NSW Department of Communities and Justice
- NSW Department of Planning and Environment
- NSW Mental Health Commission
- NSW Electoral Commission
- NSW Trustee & Guardian
- SANE Australia
- Service NSW
- Sydney Water
- TAFE NSW
- Tasmanian Department of Health
- Queensland Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs
- Queensland Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Queensland Department of Education
- Queensland Health
Creative and digital communication services panel servicing participating Commonwealth Agencies, to provide services within the following categories:
- Strategic brand, marketing and communication
- Graphic design
- Web and app design
Digital Transformation Agency - Digital Service Professionals Panel, within the following categories:
- UX Research
- Interaction Design
- Service Design
- Approved supplier on the NSW Government ICT Services Scheme for High Risk Projects / $150K+ and Low Risk Projects / <$150K.
- SCM0005 - Prequalification Scheme: Performance and Management Services: Full prequalification within category 5c. Communication
- SCM2701 - Prequalification Scheme: Advertising and Digital Communications: within categories Creative Advertising Services and Digital Communication Services.
- ICT Services Panel
- Government Information Technology Conditions (GITC) Accredited Supplier
Folk’s technical expertise and depth of resources is supported by our Drupal development partner – Morpht.
Morpht has long been a leader in Drupal and GovCMS website development and best practice development techniques are in Morpht’s DNA. Morpht consultants are well known as experts in the Australian Drupal development community and actively contribute to community events and open-source resources.
For technical depth and capability, we stand on the broad shoulders of our .NET development partner, Telstra Purple. We’ve been working with Telstra Purple since 2008, creating digital products and services that people want to use. Telstra Purple’s elite developers and consultants employ best practice software development processes. With over 300 technically brilliant people across the country, Telstra Purple is consistently placed in BRW’s Top 50 Best Places to Work and has been recognised as Microsoft’s Australian Partner of the Year.