What we do for who
Strategy and design – insights and ideas – to help ambitious organisations connect with their audiences more powerfully.
Research and strategy
We uncover powerful insights from customers and communities, the organisation and sector, spark new ideas and shape exciting propositions to take to market.
- Design research
- Analytics and digital strategy
- Customer experience vision
- Positioning and proposition
- Brand and portfolio architecture
- Culture, EVP and Employee experience
Your customer, brand and offer should not be separate things. Looking at entire organisational ecosystems and combining rigorous analysis with intuitive leaps will unlock invention of new value for customers and the organisation.
Research, strategy and design to realise what your brand stands for, in order to stand out – wherever your audience connects with it.
- Research and strategy
- Creative expression – writing and design
- Visual and verbal identity
- Brand and campaign identity
- Design systems
- Communication design
Rightly or wrongly, in the business of brand, you-are-what-you-appear-to-be. Look dynamic, dull, or dated – you are – in the eyes and minds of your audience.
A successful brand identity is more than its logo, colour or font. It’s an idea, spirit or attitude, that engages through strategic creative expression. Catching the ear and eye, mind and heart. Feeling both surprising and inevitable, inside and out.
Digital products and services
At the heart of our work is a constant curiosity about people and how they engage with the products and services in their everyday lives. From deep human-centred design research through to ideation, rapid prototyping and continuous testing and improvement, we design experiences and things that create value for real people and enable our clients to better understand their audiences and markets.
- User research & testing
- Rapid prototyping
- Product strategy
- Service strategy
- SEO & content strategy
- Information architecture
- UX & UI
- Interaction design
- Post-launch optimisation
Folk’s clients in Australia and internationally include:
- Australian Academy of Science
- Brisbane Catholic Education
- Clayton Utz
- Easy Agile
- Governance Institute of Australia
- Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills
- Herbert Smith Freehills
- Health Justice Australia
- DP World Australia
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Port Waratah
- Integria Healthcare
- Victorian Legal Services Board + Commissioner
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- Australian Curriculum Assessment and Reporting Authority
- Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Health
- National Health and Medical Research Council
- Services Australia
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Home Affairs
- Infrastructure Australia
- Australian Signals Directorate
- Australian Federal Police
- Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
- Australian Centre for Cyber Security
- National Disability Insurance Agency
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- National Library of Australia
- National Mental Health Commission
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet
- NSW Public Service Commission
- NSW Department of Customer Service
- NSW Health
- NSW Department of Communities and Justice
- NSW Electoral Commission
- NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
- NSW Mental Health Commission
- Service NSW
- Sydney Water
- Queensland Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women
- Queensland Department of Education
- Queensland Health
Creative and digital communication services panel servicing participating Commonwealth Agencies, to provide services within the following categories:
- Strategic brand, marketing and communication
- Graphic design
- Web and app design
Digital Transformation Agency - Digital Service Professionals Panel, within the following categories:
- UX Research
- Interaction Design
- Service Design
- Approved supplier on the NSW Government ICT Services Scheme for High Risk Projects / $150K+ and Low Risk Projects / <$150K.
- SCM0005 - Prequalification Scheme: Performance and Management Services: Full prequalification within category 5c. Communication
- SCM2701 - Prequalification Scheme: Advertising and Digital Communications: within categories Creative Advertising Services and Digital Communication Services.
- ICT Services Panel
Folk’s technical expertise and depth of resources is supported by our Drupal development partner – Morpht.
Morpht has long been a leader in Drupal and GovCMS website development and best practice development techniques are in Morpht’s DNA. Morpht consultants are well known as experts in the Australian Drupal development community and actively contribute to community events and open-source resources.
For technical depth and capability, we stand on the broad shoulders of our .NET development partner, Readify. We’ve been working with Readify since 2008, creating digital products and services that people want to use. Readify’s elite developers and consultants employ best practice software development processes. With over 300 technically brilliant people across the country, Readify is consistently placed in BRW’s Top 50 Best Places to Work and has been recognised as Microsoft’s Australian Partner of the Year.